We provide this weekly Bible study download because we believe the Holy Spirit can speak directly to and through you. The lessons are printable (find lesson in Bible Study Guides and use "landscape" setting on your printer) for use in personal devotional or for small group Bible study, as discussion questions. We've tried to make the questions both inductive and provocative. I hope you enjoy and return each week.
1. Paul urges prayer for rulers and "all" those in authority. How do you feel that applies to the leaders and authority figures in your life? What if you don't agree with them?
2. Explain how you feel praying for leaders will help us, "live peaceful and quiet lives."
3. How do you feel praying for leaders will help , "cause all men to be saved?"
4. What is meant by Paul saying Christ's ransom is, "a testimony given in its proper time?"
5. What is meant by the phrase, "lift up holy hands in prayer?"
6. How do you feel verse 9-10 applies today in your culture?
7. Vs 11-12 have been controversial for hundreds of years. Do you feel the instructions given about women learning and teaching were to meet the norms of their culture or universally apply to all cultures and times? Why?
8. Add verses 13-14 to the discussion of question 7. Do these verses argue for universal application or just the local context? Why?
9. Discuss verse 15 in light of Paul's well-known position that we are saved through faith. How could both be true?
The Life Of Jesus
Christian Faith Study
Leading Inductive Studies
Acts-Early Church History
Romans Bible Studies
1 Corinthians Bible Studies
2 Corinthians Bible Studies
Galatians Bible Studies
Ephesians Bible Studies
Philippians Bible Studies
Colossians Bible Studies
1 & 2 Thessalonians
Timothy And Titus Studies